2010-07-07

recent birthday wishes

I've mentioned this before, but I really do think of TSS and Erin as sort of co-bloggers -- they regularly offer insightful comments at Brilliant title to go here, and frankly they make the experience of writing a blog about books very rewarding.

In honour of their very recent birthdays, I offer nods to two fantastic (male) authors.

For TSS, Haruki Murakami -- a lovely author TSS and A introduced me to when it was my birthday a few moons ago. I've never read What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, but I've heard it's very very good.

For Erin, Timothy Findley -- one of the great authors of 20th century Canadian literature. Obviously, I am in love with his fiction. But, I absolutely recommend his travel collection, Journeyman, for a snapshot of a very Canadian sort of life.

No comments: