2009-05-03

a little book-keeping

I know, third post in a day. But for those who read brilliant title to go here via RSS feed, you may not have noticed some link editing to the right of the site.

Gone is Mahspace. My colleague Bill Mah gave up his blog months ago in the name of workplace time management.

Added is The Keepin' It Real Book Club blog, a thoughtful evaluation of all kinds of books. Not at all limited to the newest paperbacks or hardcovers suggested by Oprah, these guys take on anything and everything.

Also, Austen Blog...She's Everywhere (Insert mockery, I know.) Believe it or not, there is new news about Jane Austen pretty much everyday. Pretty unbelievable given her death about two centuries ago.

(Dear Seth Grahame-Smith: I picked up your Austen-Zombie mash-up this weekend and died a little on the inside just by reading the first couple graphs. "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in search of more brains." Seriously? Seriously! Blarg.)

Last, Smart Bitches, Trashy Books. It's smart, it's quirky, it's cheeky. And whoever thinks people who read romances are stupid has never read these chicks.

Speaking of romances, did you catch May's copy of The Walrus? I didn't either. And, I only got through some of this article about the history of Harlequin. I honestly don't know what's wrong with my attention span, lately.

But if you only get one thing out of the link to The Walrus, you must take a quick skim through the gallery of past Harlequin covers. So artistic! So sexy! So.... oddly specific....

1 comment:

TSS said...

The reviews for the zombie P and P are really postive. I'm interested.