2008-09-30

random state of mind

Do you ever have a song stuck in your head forever and you can not put your finger on it? And you spend hours -- literally -- Googling soundtracks and searching lyrics and listening to 30-second snippets on iTunes to find it, but you never ever can? And while the song is oh-so-clear in your mind, when you try to hum it to others they look embarrassed for you because you're so bloody tone-deaf, your humming doesn't even sound like a song at all?

No? Right. Me neither.

In other news, it's bizarrely summer here in Edmonton this week. Skirt-wearing summertime. I'm lovin' it.

I'm also counting down the days until I get to Paris! Among other adventures, I can't wait to go here -- S has already been, and I am jealous of her. The bookstore, which looks totally amazing (seriously, take the virtual tour) was also featured in one of my favourite-ever Ethan Hawke movies.

(I know. It's 2008. No one has favourite-ever Ethan Hawke movies in 2008. No one but someone who gets obsessed with songs she can't remember and ends up stumbling upon Barbara Streisand hits on iTunes instead, then actually buys the hits so she can launch into a full-out rendition of The Way We Were while making butter chicken that tastes way more Italian than Indian.)

Now you're thinking that being fully rested might actually be bad for me, aren't you? Like I have too much time on my hands?

Fine. Judge me for being a flake. And a (book-related) blog pimp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think I can best you here... I WAS able to identify the song I was humming as I walked down the street today... "Silent Night". What the hell is a Christmas carol doing in my head today, of all the gosh-I-almost-think-it's-the-apocolypse-cause-it's-so-beautiful-in-freaking-October days???????
And then, because I'm thinking about it, it gets progressively more entrenched in my head, and I start singing it. Agh!! Also, small note, but I feel it important, since one of my best friends is Thai - butter chicken is Indian, not Thai. Same hemisphere???

Trish said...

Holy crap. You sure are right. I am an idiot. An idiot with a blog. Crap.

Anonymous said...

I was going to point that out, but I think I come across haughty enough without snuffing contemptuously over comment sections about ethnic culinary mistakes.

Trish said...

You're not haughty, Tej! Always correct my stupid mistakes!