2008-03-05

drama

Don't worry, fair reader. I'm almost over my post-election trauma. I washed my hair today, managed not to cry over my Corn Pops, even made a little foray to the mall. I've almost put this all behind me. Forty-one per cent of us truly believe we will all be okay, and who can argue with that?

Okay, no, seriously, I'm getting over it. And so, I have to share an election win I can totally get behind.

In other news -- book related! -- What is the What has certainly picked up. I'm still not in love with it, though. It's odd.... on the one hand Eggers is a brilliant writer, his subject matter is fascinating and moving and certainly exciting. On the other hand, I keep falling asleep while reading the book. I can't explain it. As exciting as the story is, the prose is somehow extremely passive. I'm sure many people disagree with me on this.

I would like to share, though, a line I just love:

Humans are divided between those who can still look through the eyes of youth and those who cannot. (p. 116)

No comments: