2007-02-04

book trailers?

Who knew there was such a thing?

Here I was, innocently perusing Leah McLaren's website for any mentions of a follow-up to her The Continuity Girl, released last year -- perhaps mocking myself but also patting myself on the back for being such a supporter of CanChickLit -- when I happened upon the discovery of book trailers.

They're kind of lame, and I'm not sure how many people would actually find the marketing tool, let alone whether it would work. But, somehow, the idea is kind of cool. Because if magazines and newspapers have to move online, I guess books would have to somehow too. Not all the way, I hope -- I don't see how reading print online could really compare to holding a book in your hand. But then, I don't see why people wouldn't want to blacken their fingers on newspaper pages, either.

No comments: