2008-06-16

purge! purge! purge!


So, on my quest to rid myself of excess worldly possessions, I offer you books. That's right, people -- if I know you and you live in Edmonton* (I love how I pretend people who don't know me might read this blog), pick a book. Any book. I want nothing in exchange, although I will entertain jokes (original, not knock-knock) or limmericks (also original).

The list of have-reads, won't reads and hate-reads (don't judge):
Ahern, Cecilia - PS I Love You, Where Rainbows End
Atwood, Margaret and Victor-Levy Beaulieu - Two Solicitudes
Barlow, Maude and Tony Clarke - Blue Gold
Binchy, Maeve et al. - Irish Girls About Town
Brichoux, Karen - The Girl She Left Behind, Separation Anxiety
Gill, Charlotte - Ladykiller
Gregory, Philippa - Wideacre, The Favored Child, Wideacre, The Wise Woman
Jones, Edward P. - The Known World
Kinsella, Sophie - Shopaholic and Sister, The Undomestic Goddess, Remember Me?
Kizis, Deanna - How to Meet Cute Boys
Michaels, Anne - Fugitive Pieces
Miller, John - Yesterday's News
Murray, Tiffany - Happy Accidents
Nichols, Lee - Hand-Me-Down
Rebick, Judy - Imagine Democracy
Saramago, Jose - Blindness
Toews, Miriam - A Boy of Good Breeding
Townley, Gemma - Little White Lies
Vida, Nina - The End of Marriage
Wheen, Francis - Karl Marx
Woolfolk Cross, Donna - Pope Joan
Wright, Richard B. - Adultery

*If you do not live in Edmonton, but I love you, I will mail you the book(s) of your choice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take the Francis Wheen bio and The Known World.

Thanks!

TSS

erin said...

how does your toews compare to her other stuff? I enjoyed "Summer of My Amazing Luck" and "A Complicated Kindness"...

Anonymous said...

I just bought The known World from the used bookstore! Terrible timing. Also, you should keep Blindness. The reasons for this are twofold: first, that book is amazing. Fold #2: the movie is coming out soon...um...I don't follow my own logic in the second of the two folds. Why do you need the book if the movie is coming out? Especially is you have already read it. But my point here is this: Blindness is a keeper...not a giver awayer.

from ashley

Trish said...

Book club meant losing a few titles -- yay!

But the following are still on offer....

Ahern, Cecilia - PS I Love You
Atwood, Margaret and Victor-Levy Beaulieu - Two Solicitudes
Binchy, Maeve et al. - Irish Girls About Town
Brichoux, Karen - The Girl She Left Behind, Separation Anxiety
Gill, Charlotte - Ladykiller
Gregory, Philippa - Wideacre, The Favored Child, Wideacre, The Wise Woman
Kinsella, Sophie - Shopaholic and Sister, The Undomestic Goddess, Remember Me?
Kizis, Deanna - How to Meet Cute Boys
Murray, Tiffany - Happy Accidents
Nichols, Lee - Hand-Me-Down
Rebick, Judy - Imagine Democracy
Saramago, Jose - Blindness
Townley, Gemma - Little White Lies
Vida, Nina - The End of Marriage
Woolfolk Cross, Donna - Pope Joan
Wright, Richard B. - Adultery